Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Just 10,000 ways that don't work...


I've always wanted to quilt/patchwork. Since my crafts are all self-taught, I've been trying to teach myself. Unfortunately I'm not good at spatial visualization, and can never get the seams right. I usually forget to add them or if I do I somehow miss them when I stitch. I have a few unfinished pieces(ie utter failures) lurking in a pile.

Today was going to be different. Today I was going to succeed!

I sort of did. I originally planned to make a bag about 14"x12". It appears that it will be about 10"x10" in reality. About an hour in I started making mistakes and so put it away. Still I haven't royally messed up (besides the unexpected resizing). I won't be able to work on it this weekend but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this bag will come out fine!

1 comment:

Meari said...

So where's the photo? ;-) I'm self taught on all my crafts, too.