Friday, March 29, 2013

Half Done

I'm not a big fan of abstract-type art. I don't really understand it. But I 'll make exception for things like Aaron Art's Iris B. The original is in metallics and rayons and is just unbelivably shiny, but I'm sticking with good old DMC.

Iris B
18ct black aida

I'm stitching it on 18ct black aida. I just love how the colours pop. I switched out the metallic gold in the middle for a light blue because I really don't want to deal with metallic on 18 ct!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Finger-sized Fruit

Well, technically first two knuckles of my finger but why be so persnickety*?

It's been a while since I stitched something over one. My lighting changed and isn't conducive to over one or stitching on black. I really should get a good lamp.

This is Pineapple Sampler and was stitched as part of the Sticklounge group over on Yahoo (tragically closing in June). The year is supposed to be under the butterfly but I thought it looked fine without it so I left it off. I have vague plans of a scissor fob, but as with all my finishing plans it's anyone's guess when that will happen!

TitlePineapple Sampler
DesignerCloudberry Samplings
Start date January 18, 2013
Finish date March 20, 2013
Total time 5 hours
Fabric28 ct bayleaf linen

*my word of the day

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Almost A Dress

I took a look to see when was the last time I posted about Spring Queen and was shocked to realize that it was back in April 2011, just a couple of months after I first started her!

Here's what she looks like at 90 hours:

Spring Queen
32 ct White Lugana

I'm close to getting the dress finished and really enjoying her, so fingers crossed for a finish.

ETA: I'd like to thank everyone who suggested I simply rethink Byzantine Ornie as a St.Patrick's Day ornie. That made me feel so much better because at least I was early for something!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

First Finish of the Year

No, I don't believe it either. Both the fact that it took me until March to finish something and that I actually did finish something. My triumphant return didn't turn out so well considering I haven't posted for a month aha ha ha so apparently that was almost two months I didn't post!

I started this in October as a Christmas finish and did all the stitching in two days and then didn't bead until this morning. It took me 45 minutes to do all the beading. I can't even remember why I didn't just finish it off.

This is Teresa Wenztler's Byzantine Ornament I from The Best of Teresa Wentzler Christmas Collection, which was a very generous gift from Kim when she was de-stashing a while back.

There are quite a few specialty stitches but none that were new to me.

TitleByzantine Ornament I
Start date October 12, 2012
Finish date March 10, 2013
Total time 11.5 hours
Fabric32 ct opalescent white lugana

In an effort to actually post I've decided that I will post at least once a week. *raises fist to the sky and shakes it*