Monday, January 18, 2010
Moving past the arch
The reason my Rose of Sharon was stuck here is because of that arch.
There are 4 greens, 5 pinks, 1 brown and 4 creams in there. They aren't in blocks, they're not random confetti. They are pervasive, everywhere and are a pain to do. I've always known that I need to finish the arch and the columns before the dress because the dress is the ultimate goal and I'll stop once I hit that. So everything else has to go first.
This weekend I dragged her out and got the hardest part of the arch almost done. There are a few stitches missing where I didn't notice them, but I'll just fill those when those colours pop up again. I got a bit down a column and I got bored. Again. Now while I can keep on stitching her I keep finding excuses not to go near. So I put her away at this point:
A shoutout to Andie who inspired me. The original yellow dress did nothing for me and so RoS was not on my list until I saw her red version and had to have one of my own.