I finally finished Baby Shamrock biscornu, which brings my total biscornu count to 3.
Start date October 10, 2009
Finish date January 22, 2010
Total hours 18
Fabric 28ct antique white lugana
I made quite a few little changes to this one:
Since I didn't have the requested overdyed green I did all that part with a blend of 2 DMCs.
Subbed the requested beads with ones I had. The result is that the green are seed and the white are petite.
The original had the shamrocks alternate colours. Since the lack of symmetry made me twitchy, I made them mirror images.
Couldn't find any buttons I liked, so I just used green beads.
This was my first time doing a beaded edge of any kind, and it was much easier than I thought it would be. The problem I had (same as my other biscornus) was stuffing it. I'm always convinced that it's about to explode as I'm stitching up the final bits, but once the polyfill gets evenly distributed it always ends up being just a bit short. It looks fine, but one touch will tell. One day I will master the ability to stuff the perfect biscornu. (But that day was not today...)
It's very cute and I adore it. There is a fob as well and I'm trying to decide if I want to stitch it.
I only have two scissors and they have fobs already.
To wrap up, a picture of my little collection:
Biggest to smallest: Baby Shamrock, Kissy Cross, Bulgarian Motif
Off topic: I have 50 followers as of yesterday! I'm stunned and flattered and still smiling like a loon. I was planning a mini giveaway to celebrate 100 posts (this is 91), since I figured that would be my first milestone, but apparently not! Since I haven't still gotten everything together I'll just have a double celebration. Probably in 9 posts.