Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Start As You Mean To Go On

Keeping with my desire to stitch and blog more this year I started and finished something small.

This is The Drawn Thread's Pearls & Rosebuds freebie that I finished as a biscornu. I used up a scrap of fabric and leftover floss from a Dimensions kit. (Yes, I'm a terrible hoarder.)

This is what it looked like before assembly. I just used part of the motif for the corners. I find I'm less likely to do the same design twice if it's for a biscornu. It's not like the bottom bit is visible unless you're picking it up...

The worst thing about finishing something at night in winter is that taking a decent picture is nigh impossible.

I used some giant leftover beads for fun. It was not fun trying to whip stitch the biscornu together when the thread kept catching on the beads every single time. They're also a bit over powering, I think. But it makes this biscornu very different from the rest I have so I'm happy.

My collection of biscornu at present:

TitlePearls & Rosebuds
DesignerThe Drawn Thread
Start dateJanuary 1, 2014
Finish dateJanuary 1, 2014
Total time3.5 hours
Fabric25 ct White Lugana

9 comments:

geeky Heather said...

Great start to the year! I kinda like the oversize beads.

Zeb said...

Cute wee biscornu, and a lovely collection of biscornus! I'm doing a lot of Just Nan designs this year, and if I decide not to multi-frame them, biscornus are the next best option!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I love Biscornus' and your New Years Day finish is very pretty.I, too, like the bigger pearl beads.

Karoline said...

Great finishing idea for that freebie, congratulations

Giovanna said...

Very pretty, congrats!

Catherine said...

Very sweet!

Oma said...

If you would like, I could help you fix your photos with my Photoshope program. It takes care of all those funny colors, etc. Really easy, even my sister did it. Or, just use an Ott light to light your subject.

Elizabeth Braun said...

Light can be a real headache when it comes to taking photos in the winter. The way I get around this is to leave it until the morning. If for some reason I really can't do this, then I put it under the daylight bulb.

You may also be able to edit out the yellow using a photo manipulation package if you have one on your computer.

Shebafudge said...

I love it with the oversized beads. Great finish, congratulations!