Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Lack of Spending, Captain!

One of the side effects of signing up for multiple SALs is that it means I have to post my progress. Which is good because otherwise I'd just tell myself that people are getting bored of seeing the same thing and stop posting. But this way I have to post. It's the SAL rules!

I'm participating in Mel's
where the rules are to spend less than $25 a month and use your current stash.

I generally tend to go months without buying anything (other than one or two DMC as I run out) but then have a massively horrifying splurge once or twice an year. I also want to track my needlework expenses to see exactly where I'm spending money and I'm more likely to do it if I'm doing it as part of a group.

So. January expenditure: $0

I've mostly been stitching Egyptian Sampler. I picked up the chart two(?) years ago and had fabric picked out last year. I have all the DMC colours (yes! I finally did it last November) so the floss is always there. Everything from stash.
I'm going to reach the over one bits soon. To be honest I'm not looking forward to them. The last time I stitched something that mixed over-two and over-one I had serious tension problems and the whole thing looked terribly puckered. On the positive side, it's been several years and I've hopefully gotten a lot better. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out.

11 comments:

Kate said...

gorgeous progress!

Jan said...

I never get tired of looking at your beautiful progress on ES. Looking Good!!! :-)

Berit said...

"Nice Get" on your full DMC collection! I have faith that you will do fine with the mixed stitch tension. You're a great stitcher, Blu.

Pull the other thread said...

Looks great. Well done on the zero spend. I have been feeling the pull of all the shining stash but will just have to resist!

gracie said...

Love this piece....it is hard sometimes to resist the purchase of something new...at least for me!

Kim Hollenback said...

Nice work on the sampler! TW pieces are so much work (I've done The Guardian) but they're worth it!

Shebafudge said...

That is looking amazing! Good luck with the over one section. xx

Jo said...

WOW - Egyptian sampler is looking STUNNING! I managed the full DMC a couple of years ago while on a trip to the US - found a Joann's 4 for $1 offer - and just splurged. Although it amazes me how often I find I've run out of a single skein...

Faith... said...

Egyptian Sampler looks awesome! Congrats for staying with in your Stitch from Stash budget this month.

I have posted my update too if you would like to take a peek.
faithnchls.blogspot.com

Aurelia Eglantine said...

That's one of my favourite TW designs - great progress! I'd love to complete my DMC set too, hopefully someday soon ;) I'm also in SFS - congratulations on not spending!

Karoline said...

Great progress, it's looking gorgeous