Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

If Only I Could Use One of Those Leaves as a Fan

I've been plodding away at Palm. It came back from a UFO RR looking like this:
And once I got all the cross stitches and half stitches finished it look like this. I was being incredibly lazy, hence the atrocious photo.
I almost ran into trouble with one of the greens in that upper border. I stitched the whole thing, looked with relief at the single strand I had leftover and realized that I'd done the stitching in the wrong direction! And it sas half crosses in an area of more half crosses so it would've been really obvious. So I had to carefully frog and reuse the thread. And since this is an older kit some of the threads aren't the hardiest things around. I'm not sure how to describe it, but they sort of untwist and stretch and then pull apart. I was absolutely terrified that I would run out. Luckily it all worked out, but you can bet I was extra paranoid about direction for the next few hours!

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Such a gorgeous piece! So glad you had enough thread!

Monique said...

That must of been very stressful. But glad it worked out and it looks lovely.

Melissa said...

Great job! I bet it was a relief to get the frogging finished and restitched.

gracie said...

Lovely, really lovely.

Deborah said...

Wonderful piece!

Kaisievic said...

Oooh, so lucky that the thread worked out okay. A gorgeous looking piece.

Giovanna said...

That's beautiful, well done!

belle said...

Beautiful stitching.

Lija said...

It is beautiful! I cannot believe it, that you were unable to finish it previously ... it is something that shouldn't have been put away. I am happy you had enough thread ... it is a beautiful finish! (I guess there is no backstitching). I found the same problem of thread being pulled apart from little pull with one of the projects in my past. I was unsure why that was so (Anchor threads are normally ok), but I guess you are right and it must have been old.

Mangogirl said...

Gorgeous stitching