Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Voila! Violin!

I didn't post this yesterday because I had the faint hope that I would have time to cut it before the end of the night. Alas, no. I still haven't cut it out, so here it is in all it's finished but not finish-finished glory.

This month was the violin. Like the mandolin, I couched the "strings" instead of backstitching them. The one of the bow was nerve-wracking because I wanted it to be tight but not so tight that it was bending the paper. But it came out well, so it's all good.
Next month is the last of this series: Trumpet

TitleViolin
DesignerMill Hill
Start dateMay 5, 2015
Finish dateMay 9, 2015
Total time5.5 hours
Fabric14 ct white perforated paper
FlossAs charted
BeadsMH 330, 2011, 2022, 2055, 3043

9 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful as always :). I'd have couched it too. Or just did one long back stitch

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

It looks awesome but I'm looking forward to the trumpet as that's the best instrument.

Poppypatchwork said...

Your very brave stitching on paper, it drives me mad, so I avoid using it. Love colours.

D1-D2 said...

Very nice. Once the bow is cut out, is it attached to the violin? How?

Erin said...

Very cute! Can't wait to see the trumpet (although there really should be an oboe... LOL).

Rhona said...

Gorgeous!

Anna van Schurman said...

Nice job. They'll be so lovely on your tree.

Kaisievic said...

This is lovely, Blu - great stitching.

Miamina said...

Gorgeous stitching, looks amazing!