Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Dance Like An Egyptian

Egyptian Sampler is done! I woke up a few days ago and decided that I was just going to put Ohm aside and push for a finish. I've wanted to stitch this for a long time and I'm so happy that it's actually finished instead of languishing in my WIP pile.

There's just so much detail in this, but it doesn't feel like it. I think it's because it's just one motif after another, so it feels like lots of small happy dances.

I'm very glad I stitched the border as I went along instead of leaving it to the end. Funny (as in ha-ha-no) story: I was actually beading around the blue flowers when I realized that five of the star stitches were a stitch off. They weren't even wrong in a way I could pretend was creative; just wrong. So I had to take a break from the beading to go back to cross stitching. It threw off my beading zen a bit.

The over-one was alright but I'm so glad I didn't have to frog any of it.

Looking back I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this, right up to the end. I usually get bored and the last stretch can sometimes be a real slough. But not for this. Still, I think it'll be a while before my next Teresa Wentzler (probably Peacock Majesty).

I think I'm going to pull out Deco Spirits for a bit now. Maybe finish off one of the Spirits.

TitleEgyptian Sampler
DesignerTWDesignworks
Start dateJanuary 1, 2014
Finish dateJune 3, 2014
Total time231.75 hours
Fabric28 ct antique white lugana

28 comments:

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

A beautiful finish and a lot quicker than I would ever have managed,which is great because it is lovely to see this TW design in all its glory. Congratulations.

gracie said...

Wonderful....stitching...congratulations on your finish.

Pull the other thread said...

Stunning finish, congrats. Sorry to hear the frogs visited you right at the end.

Annie said...

Wow, what a wonderful piece of work! I have some TW-charts, but I've been scared off by the detailed stitching involved... Well done!

Giovanna said...

Congratulations, it's beautiful!

Catherine said...

Gorgeous finish!!!

Jo said...

Stunning finish, huge congratulations. The blues are so vibrant in your photos. Hmmm, it's now calling to me from the box of stash....

Angela said...

Congratulations on a truly stunning finish!

D1-D2 said...

It is gorgeous. You make me want to stitch it as well. Congratulations on a wonderful finish :D

Carol said...

Congratulations--that is one fabulous finish!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! All your hard work and diligence have paid off handsomely!

Poppypatchwork said...

It is a beautiful finish, I love the colours, they blend so well.

Ranae said...

Congratulations!!
It's absolutely stunning
I can believe with all the details that you finished so fast, you go girl

valerie said...

Amazing finish Blu!! The detail in this design is wonderful.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful!!! And much faster than I ever would have finished it too!

Rhona said...

Such a beautiful design! The close up pics are wonderful...such richness of colour. Truly a fantastic finish.

Miss Lilly said...

Beautiful finish! I love all the details ^^

stitchersanon said...

Stunning..amazing details, a fantastic finish. Well done xx

Loraine said...

Oh my goodness, your sampler is just gorgeous!!! It is so detailed. A true work of art! Congrats!

Rachel S-H said...

That is gorgeous!

TammyK said...

Congrats on ur finish! Looks fab!

Karoline said...

It's stunning! Congratulations

Von said...

Amazing finish!! Congratulations!

Shebafudge said...

That looks absolutely stunning. I love it. Congratulations on such a beautiful finish!

Andrea said...

A gorgeous finish, congratulations.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Such a gorgeous design, you should be very proud of yourself.

There is so much detail in every part, it's good to see the close-ups too.

Vaida said...

Oh WOW... It's a really impressive finish! Congrats on a huge and wonderful work!

geeky Heather said...

It's fantastic!! Congratulations!