|Start date||January 1, 2014|
|Finish date||June 3, 2014|
|Total time||231.75 hours|
|Fabric||28 ct antique white lugana|
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Dance Like An Egyptian
Egyptian Sampler is done! I woke up a few days ago and decided that I was just going to put Ohm aside and push for a finish. I've wanted to stitch this for a long time and I'm so happy that it's actually finished instead of languishing in my WIP pile.
There's just so much detail in this, but it doesn't feel like it. I think it's because it's just one motif after another, so it feels like lots of small happy dances.
I'm very glad I stitched the border as I went along instead of leaving it to the end. Funny (as in ha-ha-no) story: I was actually beading around the blue flowers when I realized that five of the star stitches were a stitch off. They weren't even wrong in a way I could pretend was creative; just wrong. So I had to take a break from the beading to go back to cross stitching. It threw off my beading zen a bit.
The over-one was alright but I'm so glad I didn't have to frog any of it.
Looking back I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this, right up to the end. I usually get bored and the last stretch can sometimes be a real slough. But not for this. Still, I think it'll be a while before my next Teresa Wentzler (probably Peacock Majesty).
I think I'm going to pull out Deco Spirits for a bit now. Maybe finish off one of the Spirits.