Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Palette Cleanser

I was cheerfully working on Egyptian Sampler when I ran out of 950. No problem, just grab another. It isn't the same as the other! Cue panic and checking my other 950s. All the new ones are different from the old one. I used the old one on the two central figures (I guess I could frog them) and in the over-one (I can't frog over one). Panic and hope for a solution to mysteriously appear from the ether.

I stitched this while waiting for divine intervention. It's Pelin Tezer's Turkish Sampler. I'm not sure what's going on but her website is now shilling weird drink cozies. I think she might be on Facebook? But some of her freebies are on Cyberstitchers.

Modeled here in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather:

Turkish Sampler
25 ct White Lugana

TitleTurkish Sampler
DesignerPeliz Tezer
Start dateFebruary 16, 2014
Finish dateFebruary 19, 2014
Total time10.5 hours
Fabric25 ct White Lugana

*I've decided to frog just the last figure so that it will have the same 950. The other two and the over-one can stay and be a bit different. No one will care (because they won't be able to tell) and no one will know (except you guys, but you're on my side so it's all good).

5 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Love your Turkish Sampler!
How annoying to have such an issue with the DMC dye lots!! Good to see that divine inspiration arrived... I think your plan is good one and will work... And I promise not to tell anyone!! :)

Minnie said...

Your secret is safe with me.

Poppypatchwork said...

Very nice rescue, love it.

Mii Stitch said...

We really can't tell!! Lovely work :)

Vickie said...

Great solution! Nice Turkish Sampler.