Nora Corbett's Lily of the Valley, without wings, with the skin and hair converted and a modified headpiece. Original here.
The skin was easy, but the hair gave me some trouble. Details of the exact changes below, but there's a giant blue streak in her hair ;).
Originally the beads in her hair were yellow, but with the dye job that just looked weird so I changed them to blue and I truncated the headpiece ruthlessly.
The beads at the bottom of the flowers were a pale yellow, but all the pictures of the actual flower online seem to be pure white so I changed the beads. (I've never seen a lily of the valley in real life, but they seem really pretty). Of course, the white beads are from a previously unopened package, which means they are being cannibalized from some other project (no idea which), so it should be fun seeing if I have enough when that project rolls around XD.
Her toes! The back of my mind asks exactly what those beads are meant to be and how they stay in position, but the rest of me screams "Pretty!" and ignores that part of me.
Giant beads are really giant!
And some more pics:
|Title||Lily of the Valley|
|Start date||October 7, 2011|
|Finish date||January 29, 2012|
|Total time||36.75 hours|
|Fabric||32ct Waterlily Jobelan|
|Floss||Skin: 754-->435; 948-->436; 779-->433|
|Hair: 767-->939; 782-->3371; 869-->838; 3823-->823; 3852-->310|