Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Confession Time


I've done very little stitching this month. When you add in the fact that a huge majority are starting something new every day right now, it's just a lousy start to the new year.

Now don't get me wrong, my mojo's just fine and I've got a billion things planned. It's just finding the time...

Part of the confession is that I've got quite a few things to talk about but again, the time.

Let's start off with what Melissa sent me in exchange for a biscornu (picture of that tomorrow):

A very cute Quaker scissors holder. Now if you're thinking that design looks really familiar, it's Tis Green!(I'll have to admit that once I realized that I had my own Tis Green I was more open to the idea of passing mine on).
And this darling stork scissor! This makes my 5th pair of scissors (not counting my pinking shears and regular shears). Nothing compared to some of you hardcore scissor collectors but a lot more than I thought it'd end up with!

8 comments:

Ziggyeor said...

very nice! I currently have three but I had a fourth and I lost it. I was explaining to my nonstitchy friend that I had three scissors that did the same thing but had different fobs. Well 2 have different fobs I still haven't put together the fob for the 13 dollar pair of Halloween scissors!

Anonymous said...

Very cute scissors. I love the black and white --- very simple and elegant.

valerie said...

Great exchange! Love those scissors too...they are so cute. Tis Green is one of those patterns that can be stitched in any color. I need to get stitching too....so slow over here.

Fiona said...

lovely piece you recieved there & some lovely scissors. Remember that stitching isn't a race, it's a hobby that is meant to be enjoyed so stitch at your own pace not someone elses, even if you only get 5 minutes to stitch a day at least its 5 minutes spent doing something you enjoy. xx

gracie said...

I love all the beautiful (and then the useful) scissors out there. I happen toe collect thimbles, but find tht I am accumulating scissors as well. I have a thible case to show them off...I may have to find something to house the scissors....

Carol said...

What a pretty exchange gift from Melissa! I'm not a scissors collector at all, Blu, so you have more than me--well, now that I think about it--I guess we're tied :)

geeky Heather said...

Oh my gosh, I am in love with those scissors!!! We won't talk about the fact that I have quite a few...or that I just ordered another pair...I must track those down! =)

Rachel S-H said...

Cute scissors!