Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

A new start for the Olympics


I decided to use the Olympics as an excuse for another new start. This is my first HAED, and in an attempt to be somewhat sane, it's a Quick Stitch.


Autumn Winds
28ct antique white Lugana

The fabric choice is simply because on 28 ct she comes to about 7x5, and that brings my framing costs down (I'm looking at all kinds of things as I decide what to stitch).

I think I'm going to have to accept defeat and invest in multicoloured highlighters for her. Scanning ahead it's going to be tricky following a symbol because they wander quite a bit. (Did that make any sense at all?)

The goal is to finish her by the time the Sochi Olympics roll around.
What you thought I was going to say this Olympics? Let's try and be reasonable here!

(No, I had no idea where the 2014 Olympics were being held. I had to look it up.)

4 comments:

Carol said...

You are one brave stitcher! Good luck with your goal of the 2014 finish :)

Pumpkin said...

ROFL! You are too funny ;)

I can never understand those that want to stitch these crazy patterns but at least you went with a smaller one!

Meadows08 said...

Staples has a pack of Sharpie highlighters with about 10 colours in it. They're pricey but so worth it when dealing with a ton of colours changes!

HAED scare the stuffing out of me! Way to go!

Meari said...

Did you join in on the 2010 Winter Olympics SAL?