"Spring" break has been rather unproductive in terms of visible stitching progress and vastly productive in terms of sleep and general laziness.
However I did manage to drag out my sewing machine and put together this:
I absolutely adore it! The outside is a home decor fabric, and the inside is a silky red. However it's a lot floppier than I expected! A lot floppier!
Here it's being propped up by about a dozen paperbacks
I probably should have added some black ribbon/strips to accent. And if you're eagle eyed there's a tiny part near the bottom that didn't meet that's been fixed by hand. And the black straps aren't exactly aligned.
But that's being very nitpicky and this bag looks and feels gorgeous! I can't wait to take it outside~
I didn't use any interfacing because the outside material was heavy and the lining so silky that it was a pain to get them aligned and I'd have never managed if there'd been interfacing.
As I said: it's floppy and the sides fall in. But if I actually push them in it looks good. You can see that a bit in the first picture.
Edit: Switched my comments format after someone mentioned that they were having problems. Drop me an email if there are still issues~