Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Midnight Ends

I've been listening to some very good audiobooks lately so I raced through Midnight at a ridiculous pace.
The border was an absolute pain to stitch. Most of the flowers are composed of 2 colours and then there are all those random single stitches. But it was a small border and I still have memories of Teresa Wentzler borders, so it wasn't the worst one I've ever stitched.
I love the sun. It's so cheery and those eyebrows are fantastic.
Probably one of the best things about this is that as it's a bellpull I know exactly how to finish it! Now I just need to dig out my finishing fabrics to find something suitable.
All in all this was different from most of the things I've stitched recently and it was a very nice change. Now I'm returning to ladies in extravagant dresses :D

TitleMidnight
DesignerLavender Wings
Start dateJanuary 5, 2015
Finish dateJanuary 14, 2015
Total time39 hours
Fabric28 ct purple lugana
FlossAs charted

14 comments:

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

What a pretty design. You chose lovely fabric for it. The border may have been a pain but it is very attractive and all beautifully stitched.

Rachel said...

I ditto Lesley's comment. Congratulations on your finish. It's gorgeous! :)

Manuela said...

Congratulation.
It's a wonderful finish.

Greetings, Manuela

Fiona said...

Lovely finish :) well done!!

gracie said...

It looks wonderful...

Pull the other thread said...

Wow you needle must be on fire. Well done on an amazing finish. Absolutely love it and the fabric looks just amazing with it :)

D1-D2 said...

Is that a sun? I thought it was the moon. The border looks painful to stitch but amazing just the same. It's a wonderful piece

Barbi said...

So pretty! I love the colour of that fabric! Audiobooks are great for stitching.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I am listening to Painted Horses--hoping it will help me blaze through some projects

valerie said...

Pretty finish! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Love that grinning sun. Congrats on the finish.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Awesome finish

Suz said...

Fantastic! That finish is awesome, great job! :)

Christina G said...

Lovely1