Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Washed Out

I started October's biscornu last month and was about an hour in when I realized that it was October and I wasn't stitching a Halloween biscornu. But then I realized that I don't have any Halloween themed patterns suitable and continued on. This is Papillon Creations' The Magic Carpet (it's available under "Free Charts" on the right). It was when I went back to get a link that I realized that the pattern is from Scheherazade, which I finished two years ago!

The Magic Carpet
28 ct Black Lugana
I'm using Dinky Dyes Aquamarine, Desert Sand, Cloudy Sky and DMC white. Unfortunately it's not just the flash washing the colours out. The colours do look that washed out in person. On the other hand, I'm already done one side!

9 comments:

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

What a pretty design.I love the colours in it.

Annie said...

I think the colors look great on black. A very pretty piece.

Suz said...

Very lovely colors on the black. Fantastic work!

Rhona said...

Looks wonderful...even if you have stitched it before! ;)

D1-D2 said...

It's still look very nice against the black.

Charodeya said...

I like it!) Awesome!

Brenda A said...

Looks awesome!

Cindy's Stitching said...

really pretty. The colors pop.

Sally said...

Very pretty. I think the colours are beautiful.