Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Squeezing In

Unlike my usual habit of finishing a biscornu a few days before posting I finished this two weeks ago, and almost forgot to post it today.

This is Papillon Creation's Magic Carpet freebie.
I like it, but I still feel like the colours all bleed into each other too much. You can barely tell that there's orange and blue in the flowers.
The overlapping fly stitches were pretty fun.

TitleMagic Carpet
DesignerPapillon Creations
Start dateSeptember 27, 2014
Finish dateOctober 14, 2014
Total time18.5 hours
Fabric28 ct black lugana
FlossDinky Dyes Aquamarine, DD Cloudy Sky, DD Desert Sands, DMC White
BeadsMH 2002

18 comments:

Kaisievic said...

I think it is very pretty!

Rachel said...

Don't be negative - the subtle colours work really well together, especially on the black. It's gorgeous! :)

Justine said...

I love it and can definitely see both orange and blue in those flowers! It's a stunning biscornu.

gracie said...

I think it is lovely...I adore Biscornus and love to make them.

Wendy said...

what a lovely finish! It looks great on the black

Annie said...

Very pretty. On my monitor, the colors show up very well with plenty of contrast. I always envy anyone who can stitch on black!

Ineke said...

Isn't the blending of the colors and flowers the magic of the design? It is beautiful, and Halloweenish with the orange and black.

Pull the other thread said...

So pretty. Well done on another great finish!

Rhona said...

Gorgeous! I think the colours work really well together,

Suz said...

I think it's really beautiful!

D1-D2 said...

I personally like the colors. The colors on the black fabric make it look like it's glowing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ...I like the colors. They seem delicate to me.

Hazel said...

Stunning biscornu! x

Caitlin D said...

Loving the colors and design! I'm hoping to try my first attempt at a biscornu soon!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

A very pretty biscornu,love the design and colours.

Anna van Schurman said...

It's lovely!

Sheryl said...

lovely stitching and nicely finished.

Shebafudge said...

Hmmm...I suppose they are not as distinct as they could be but I think it is absolutely beautiful. xx