Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Winter Petersburg?

I got a very early start on this month's biscornu. This is a 15-sided biscornu by Olga. I think it's called Зимний Петербург, which Google Translate says is Winter Petersburg (I would greatly appreciate any corrections from anyone who knows Russian.)

Winter Petersburg
16 ct red aida
The original is on evenweave so I've had to make some changes since I don't want to keep piercing the fabric. I also just realized that I'm supposed to weave another thread through those running lines in the middle squares, so I have to go do that.

12 comments:

Fiona said...

It looks good so far, look forward to seeing it all stitched together :)

Poppypatchwork said...

Love the colours, can't wait to see it made up.

Annie said...

This is really a lovely pattern. Should make a really showy biscornu. I don't think I'd have the patience to sew that many sides together, but you will probably finish it in no time!

gracie said...

Looking forward to seeing this finished. Love biscornus but have not tried a 15 sided yet.

D1-D2 said...

Looks good! I took a peek at Olga's site and the final result will look great.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Looks great I can't wait to see the finished product!

Pull the other thread said...

Great work so far. Very pretty.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

I look forward to see the finish.
So pretty.

Marcy said...

I've only done 2 sided biscornus. Can't wait to see this put together.

SilverCuteDwarf said...

You are absolutely right. The name is "Winter Petersburg". Looks very good, I hope to see it finished soon.
:-))))

Lumiruusu said...

You have again choosed very beutiful and stylish pappern t stitch.The vhite stitching on re ( and vice versa) is so traditional chic !!

Sheryl said...

This looks very pretty and difficult. Interesting to see your progress.