Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Now numbering seven

I decided over Thanksgiving that it had been forever since I'd had a finish (actually only the end of August) and that I needed to finish something. And since it looks like my goal of finishing Sleepy Hollow is a pipe dream I decided to stitch something small. And what is the single small finish that I have mastered?


Yep, another biscornu.


I stitched the #18 biscornu from Aurelle. The blog is French but the freebies are easy to find. The giant Index is your hint;)

I left out a few bits to make it fit onto the scrap of fabric I had.

It's on 32 count waterlily linen. The light pink/peach is Weeks Dye Works Peony and the dark is Crescent Colours Bandana. The beads are Mill Hill 40479. I went a little crazy with the beads and even stitched them to be oriented properly.


Start date October 10, 2010
Finish date October 11, 2010
Total time 7 hours

My collection as it now stands


Clockwise starting from the new one: #18, Bulgarian Motif, Baby Shamrock, my own puttering, Garden biscornu, Fall Dreams, and Love. And except for Baby Shamrock they're all freebies.

23 comments:

Christine said...

That came out really well! I'll check back to see your collection...Blogger is electing to not show the photo right now.

Cole said...

Great finish, the beadwork is great :)

EvalinaMaria said...

Congrats on the lovely finish! All your biscornus look very nice.

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on a gorgeous finish.

KarenV said...

Very sweet finish, congratulations!

Patty C. said...

Wonderful Finishing - You have definitely mastered the biscornu :)

Kathy A. said...

That is a lovely collection of biscornus. I understand the need to have a finish!

Annie said...

Looks good enough to eat! Like a pretty petit four on a dessert tray!

D@isy said...

It has been wonderful. I'm working with me gifts, but I slowly ..

You have a beautiful collection

Greetings

ana~stitch said...

Very pretty!! Great work.

Rachel S said...

Great job!

Kathy said...

What a lovely collection of biscornus! And your latest is the prettiest. :)

Kttycat said...

Very pretty!

Lumiruusu said...

So sweet and stylish design,I like your collection of biscornus!
You are talented..

Carol said...

Another beauty to add to your biscornu collection, Blu! I know just what you mean about needing the quick fix of a small finish!! Don't give up on Sleepy Hollow--I love watching your progress on it :)

Myra said...

So pretty Blu!

Lynn said...

That is one fantastic collection! I love the new addition.

Pumpkin said...

Sweet finish Blu! What a collection you have :o)

Meadows08 said...

Cute! I love the beads!

Sarah Lindfield said...

What a cute collection, I adore Biscornu and you are making me want to stitch more too!! Such lovely different patterns and colours.

Elaine said...

Your latest Biscornu is so pretty Blu and what a wonderful collection you now have.

Danielle said...

Lovely biscornus!!! I have never made one, but I have a bunch of patterns for them. You have been my inspiration. I think I will make one soon.

claire93 said...

that's a lovely collection of biscornu you have ^^
and well done on your Sleepy hollow (despite asymmetry and frogging) it's looking great