Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Swirling Swirling

Has it really been over 3 weeks since I last posted? ha ha ha...

Anyway since the last post I've
a) finished Cinderella (pictures tomorrow because I deleted the ones I took because I thought I'd posted them and now I need to dig her out of storage
b) started Swirling Peacock by Joan Elliot


Swirling Peacock
32 ct Waterlily Jobelan

It's a pretty fast stitch. Those swirls are a bit of a pain since I have to count very carefully (and had to frog one when I miscalculated). The colours are even more vivid in person. I'm debating whether I should finish up the metallic moon or switch to the tail. I really want to start the tail!

12 comments:

Justine said...

Gorgeous! You should always stitch metallics last, or so I've been told, so I would move straight on to the tail!

Rhona said...

That's looking gorgeous already!

Poppypatchwork said...

I try and stitch the boring bits first and leave the best bits to last, that way I keep the project going and stitch quicker to get to the best bit.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Very beautiful stitch
Colors are so vibrant
Ciao Giovanna

Needles Everywhere said...

This is just fabulous! I may have to break down and order it!

Heather said...

The tail is fun but I just started the moon! You're a lot further than me it looks beautiful!

Heather said...

The tail has metallics too lol

Anonymous said...

I love the swirls :-) The colours are gorgeous too! It's a great start.

Lumiruusu said...

Very beautifull Peacock..I am stitching a Peacock too so much smaller one acyually..It is Just Nans -Peacock Alphabets

Anonymous said...

beautiful peacock

Joysze said...

This is one of those on my 'need to stitch' list. Haven't made it yet, so it's great to live vicariously off you! :D

The Crafty Princess said...

Start the tail! If that's where you want to stitch then go for it.

I am loving the colours on this, they are absolutely lush and so vibrant. Must be alot of fun to stitch, sorry to hear about the wee frog appearance.

xo Alicia