Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Importance Of Proper Planning

After finishing Ohm I decided to start Celtic Autumn, the companion to the Celtic Spring I finished three years ago. (I didn't realize that it's been three years!)

I was stitching along merrily and happy with my progress.

But then I wondered by there was almost five inches as the top border. My borders are normally three inches for things I plan to frame. I couldn't figure it out and went to bed.

And then I sat up and smacked myself on the head. I'm planning on only the stitching the lady and had cut the fabric for that. Do you see where this is going? Yep, I started stitching from the centre of the entire pattern. Cue almost two hours of frogging and then restarting. Luckily most of the ripped out area should be covered by the skirt. But I still can't believe I made such an amateur mistake!

Celtic Autumn
32 ct Antique White Lugana

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry to read about your mistake but at least you noticed it before you'd stitched too much. I'm glad you've chosen the autumn colours to stitch her in. I shall enjoy watching her grow - she's on my to do list too! :)

Mouse said...

ouchie .... I have this one 3/4's done ... think you may finish it before I do ... doing the same colour way too :) love mouse xxxx

Poppypatchwork said...

You are brave to rip it out, I always get a new piece of fabric, lovely colours

Mii Stitch said...

Oh dear, so frustrating after so much being done already! It will look lovely, I'm sure :)

D1-D2 said...

That sucks! But at least you noticed before the end. Your restarting from the skirt up?

Cinzia said...

I did it too, only once in my stitching carreer, with a BIIIIG piece, I had already done three of the five pages of the top row when I noticed the fabric being dangerously short... So I had to restart the all thing, but hey, it happens! and restarted her on a new piece of fabric and this time from the bottom up, so it felt like an all new start.
Ciao!
Cinzia

gracie said...

Oh my...I am sure you will have it sorted out and it will look beautiful.

Pull the other thread said...

These things happen, unfortunately. Your restart progress is great though. Looking forward to seeing it progress :)

Caitlin D said...

Sucky :-/ Sorry to hear about the evil frog. I must say though, the colors in this one are wonderful. I loved your Ohm piece so much I'm thinking about getting it to stitch for my mom for her birthday next year!

Ruth said...

Oh rats!!!!!! You have my sympathy for all that frogging! And having to frog such lovely stitching is too sad for words.