I've been struggling to take a decent picture of my New Year's Start. I don't have a good track record with NYS; my last two are still WIPs. But I couldn't resist.
I started Maia's Misaki, which will look like this when finished:
This is where I am right now:
32 ct Ruby Wine Lugana
And she's already proven to be very demanding. Maia does kits, which I don't mind. BUT! The original fabric was 16ct red aida, which would have been all right except that there are a ton of quarter stitches, so I switched it out for a lovely 32ct Ruby Wine lugana. And the floss is Anchor which frays so much. I have to use lengths 1/3 of usual DMC length and I find the ends still fray a tiny bit. I don't want to go shorter because it already feels like I spend more time threading than stitching. And of course, three shades of similar reds on red fabric. Well, at least she'll look stunning when finished!
ETA: The whole piece is stitched including the background. She's in full crosses and the background is half crosses in 2-3 strands.