32ct white lugana
See those octagons? They're all wrong! And it's a combination of several factors.
First I stitched one octagon and then I stitched the rest looking at the first one. Several of you are already shaking your heads.
Then I went ahead and filled all the spaces with Rhodes rectangles.
Then I did all the black stitches for one lantern counting from the octagon.
Then I stitched one row for the second lantern counting from the octagon and rest counting off of that row. (With me so far?)
Then I realized that the first and second lanterns were not the same.
Going back to check where the mistake was, it took me a while. I had stitched an extra line for one of the boxes on the octagon. What was mean to be a 2x2 square for a bead had become a 2x3 square into which I'd stitched a Rhodes. The whole octagon was wrong.
Having stitched and filled in six octagons I'm not crazy enough to frog them.
Instead there will just be extra space around the lanterns and bonsai trees, and that Rhodes will replace the bead. In fact, I'm toying with replacing all the beads with floss. From what I can tell they only appear around the octagon and near the top frame...
And it's only the six frames because that fits in my Q-snap without any moving. So I'll probably finish off these panels before I get to the last two.