As part of IHSW (which I have been participating in for ages but not promoting. oops) I finished The Sweetheart Tree's Spring Blossoms Biscornu late last night.
I initially put it away because the backstitch was annoying but when I picked it up I was in the zone and just raced through it!
And in what may become a trend, I made changes. The flowers are supposed to be outlined in grey but my attempts came out revolting so no outlining. And the provided beads are tiny. Now I'm all for the 40000 series for anything that has blocks of beads (I'm looking at you, certain Mira charts) but for isolated beads they were just too tiny and disappeared completely. So out came the bead stash and I replaced everything.
And then I couldn't find three of the paillettes so I had to improvise. And finally (whew) instead of using all three colours in the beaded border I used two.
Both sides are the same except the flowers are pink vs white. I actually prefer the white side. I also interfaced the stitching to see if it make a difference during assembly. I don't think it made much of a difference until I was stuffing the biscornu and I couldn't really tell how full it was. I think I may have overstuffed.
|Title||Spring Blossoms Biscornu|
|Designer||The Sweetheart Tree|
|Start date||July 31, 2011|
|Finish date||September 17, 2011|
|Fabric||32 ct White Belfast & 32 ct Angel Blush Belfast|
|Floss||Floss as charted|
|MH 2004, 2022, 40479, 42010, 60479|