Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Out of Season

My Tree of Stitches is growing rather slowly, so I thought I'd share a picture of my newest biscornu:

This is The Sweetheart Tree's Spring Blossoms Biscornu. Yes, I started a spring stitch in the middle of summer when everyone is gearing up for fall & Halloween.


I decided to stitch both the top and the bottom at the same time. However I'm finding the leaves annoying. See how I have two colours extruding? Counting just the green cross stitch is impossible and I have to backstitch as I go. I am not a fan of having two colours going at the same time. I suppose I could end and restart everytime but that seems excessive.

In fun news, I received an absolutely wonderful letter from my secret penpal (organized by the ever impressive Parsley).

4 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

It looks wonderful though!!! Keep up the good work, and it'll be done soon. Glad you got a good letter.

Joysze said...

I love Sweetheart Tree. The stitch up so beautifully. Great going with this one so far.... hang in there with the leaves. :)

Lumiruusu said...

I love your biscornus and The Sweetheart Tree pattrns/kits are my favourites too.
I have "P is for Princess"-kit waiting for me to start it :)

Lynn said...

It's going to be so pretty though!
I have to confess that although I love the looks of Sweetheart Tree designs, I tend to stay away from them because of all the backstitching. I don't enjoy it at all!